Friday, April 3, 2009

My Gourmet Kitchen

Sunday.
Oh I love sunday pasta!

Where I come from Sunday is fresh pasta day. I remember my Grandma making the bolognaise and the tagliatelli, and she would make meat pies as well. Today I buy my fresh pasta already made! Here I have an easy pasta for one.

1 pack Latina Fresh Pasta - ravioli, agnolotti, gnocci, tortellini or what ever you fancy.

Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until " al dente" (5 to 8 minutes)
.
Drain pasta and return to pan.

Add a cup [ or to your liking] of a good pasta/pesto sauce.

Season with sea salt and pepper and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan.

If you feel adventurous serve a side salad with tomato, lettuce, cucumber and a garlic toast.

Tip= to make garlic toast get a slice of bread and toast slightly. Peel a clove of fresh Garlic and rub liberally onto the toast. Spread with butter or a drop of olive oil and garlic then pop it under the grill for a few seconds.

I made this as a vegetarian dish, if you want to make it traditional serve it with a good bolognaise sauce. I will post a good recipe next week, and one for meat pies as well. Enjoy! Easy, simple, and gourmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: standard